Thursday, March 10, 2011

First Scare- 8w1d

Today started out like any normal day.  I woke up, ate breakfast and went to work.  Today is one of the days in my schedule that I have no plan time, so I really need to plan my potty breaks well.  It was 8:40 in the morning and the kids come to my class at 8:45 so I decided it would be a good idea to pee before starting a long day.

I went to the bathroom and was very shocked to see blood on the TP.  It wasn't much, but enough to scare the living daylights out of me.  I went back to my classroom and called the clinic immediately to see what I should do.  The nurse was very nice and asked if I would like to come in for an ultrasound.  I said, "Of course!"  I am having trouble waiting inbetween appointments anyways, and with the sight of blood I was even more freaked out!!  I made the appointment for 3:00pm because that was the latest appointment they had for the day. 

All I could think about was geez, do I really have to wait until then? But I was also thinking... how the heck am I going to be able to leave work so early??  Luckily after I told some staff memebers what was going on, they were totally flexible and agreed to keep thier class in the afternoon and not send them to Spanish. I am lucky that I work with people who are supportive and caring enough to give up their planning period so that I could leave early!

Anyways, I got to the clinic and the receptionist is like, "Are you okay?" And I'm like, "Of course i'm not okay! I'm in a total panic!" and she's like, "Yeah, thats normal."  I'm pretty sure every single person in this office knows whats going on with everyone.... Not sure if thats a good or a bad thing. 

I went back to the ultrasound room and was scared to pieces!!  I will just cut to the chase: everything is fine.  It was crazy to see how much they have grown in just a week's time.  Instead of just tiny blobs on the screen, they look like big blobs!  Each baby was measuring at 8w2d, so 1 day ahead.  They had heart rates of 170 and 178bpm which are in the normal range I'm told.  I even got to see the tiny hearts beating away.  It was just the strangest thing I've ever seen! 

I guess I'm still finding it hard to believe that I am carrying twins.  I don't really "feel" any different except for that I am soooo tired and could probably go to bed at 6pm every night.  Also, I can't see whats going on in there unless I go to the doctor.  I'm sure the reality will set in when my pants don't fit and I feel something moving around in there.  But until then, I guess I will continue to worry. 

No comments: