Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Its a new day!

Yesterday I pretty much had the worst day at work that I've had in a very long time.  Lets just say I got ganged up on, bullied, and sent to the boss' office.... all for giving my opinion on a subject that they asked for it on.  In the end, the person that I had to "hash it out" with wouldn't talk to me and offered no solutions to the problem. 

This particular woman lost a baby at 20 weeks last year and I almost feel as though she is resentful towards me being pregnant.  I know she would never say it, but she has been acting strange around me since I became pregnant.  I know didn't just click her heels and get knocked up either so I have been trying to keep my distance from her just so that I don't hurt her in any way.  I know how it feels to have to work with someone being preggo because I dealt with that at my other school for most of the year.  I actually wish that I could be friends with this person who hates my guts because we have something in common that is sometimes rare to find.  I don't actually know a lot of people in real life that have been through infertility struggles or who have had miscarriages.  But, it doesn't seem as though this person is close to anyone at work and doesn't like to talk about anything personal to anyone else.  So, I guess there's probably nothing I can do except for attempt to be nice and wait for her to quit being mean.

On a side note, the Minnesota Twins pitcher Francisco Liriano threw a no hitter last night!! He was an "unlikely candidate" since he had never thrown a complete game or a shutout in his career of 94 previous starts.  He also had an ERA over 9.0 and was going to be replaced by Kevin Slowey in the starting rotation.  So, that haulted a 6 game losing streak by the Twins... they got swept by the Rays AND the Royals.  I hope last night gives them enough momentum to start the ball rolling in the right direction! 

No comments: