Thursday, July 28, 2011

Check it off the list!

In the last week or so, I have been able to check many things off of the extremely long "to do before babies come" list.

Last Fri and Sat my friend and I had a very successful garage sale!! I was able to get rid of lots of junk and make a few bucks!  I must admit though, just getting ready for the sale was a TON of work! That's okay though, it was worth it!

We FINALLY got our basement about 95% finished including new carpet!  The carpet was a fiasco in itself..... When I ordered it, they pretty much guaranteed it would be in last Friday.  But, when they called to schedule the install they were like Ummmm yeah, we can't do it until Monday! After calling about 6 different people and complaining they made the installation happen on Saturday.  And who says bitching doesn't get you anywhere?

The in-laws came for a visit and helped us get a lot of little things done..... modify the crib, put in new lights, fix the gate, re-do the deck/ramp off of the kitchen, etc. 

Also, the best part of the week has been getting the nursery ready!!  I don't really like to organize and do laundry, but somehow it seems way more fun when you get to decorate with pink frilly things and wash teeny tiny cute baby clothes that are almost too small to fold.  I did however, run into one huge problem that was thankfully easily solved.  I bought a mattress to put into our crib (a Babee Tenda crib) and it was way too small!  And by way, I mean by about 4-5 inches.  A standard crib is 52 inches long and this crib is 57 inches long!  I spent about an hour talking to my mom trying to figure out what the heck I was going to do!  She found a mattress to the tune of about $400 and that was obviously not really a possibility.  To make a long story short, I ended up calling the company today and they sell the correct size mattress for a very reasonable price.  But, of course I have to order sheets now from them too because they are the only ones that make sheets to fit this odd sized crib! 

Unfortunately, I already took all the new crib sheets we got out of the packages and threw the packages away, so my handy mom is going to somehow make them fit and then sew any additional sheets that we need. 

The nursery is getting very close to being done, but its not quite done yet!  We are having a  Couples Baby Shower at our house on Saturday so I just wanted it to be mostly done so that people could check it out when they are here.  I don't have any pictures yet, but I promise I will post some when its closer to completion!

Oh, and I am officially in the 3rd trimester as of yesterday! Yippee! Only 6-10 more weeks until we get to meet these babies! I can't wait!

No comments: