Sunday, September 11, 2011

Belly Cast

Since I've been having all of these "false alarm" contractions it made me realize that one of these days they could be the real thing! 

Brian and I bought a belly cast kit a couple weeks ago and today seemed like the right time to do it!  It is basically a kit that comes with these strips that you get wet and they turn into hard plaster.  It feels like I will never forget how big my belly is right now, but I'm sure those memories will disappear as time goes on.  I don't know if I will ever be pregnant again so I didn't want to waste the opportunity to "cast" my huge twin belly!  It was pretty messy, but in the end it will be pretty cool!

Along the same lines, I really wanted to have maternity pictures taken.  We have been talking about it for months and finally decided to set it up.  The only time available was next Sunday at noon.  Brian will be in Minneapolis from Thurs-Sun morning and my mom is flying out here to spend some time with me while Brian is away.  I was really nervous about being home alone so close to the due date and am really happy that my mom will be here with me!  So, my mom will be here when we are getting the pictures taken but I don't think she will mind.  It should be fun!  Maybe granny will even make it in one of the pictures =)  Ha! I just called my mom granny.  That's so strange.

1 comment:

Cherbear said...

i've gotta see the belly cast :)

sooo glad you are doing pictures next week!!! It's soo exciting, I can't wait to see them!