Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Holiday Travel

I am really looking forward to going back to Minnesota for Christmas but sometimes I think we just might be a little nutty for doing so.  I have a list about 50 miles long of things that I need to do/pack before we go tomorrow.  But, every time I look at the list I realize that I have to wait for something in order to pack that item.  I need to pack clothes.... they are in the dryer.  I need to pack my breast pump & accessories.... the bottles are drying.  I need to pack Christmas presents..... Brian ran out to pick them up.  I need to pack the diaper bag for the airplane..... but I can't make bottles until a few minutes before we go.  I feel like I am just going round and round in circles and nothing is getting accomplished. 

The girls have been sleeping for a good part of the day today.  They got so much stimulation when Grandma was here that they are just worn out!  Speaking of which, they had a great five day visit with Grandma!  We mostly just hung out and that was really nice.  We had full intentions of painting my bathroom downstairs and installing the toilet (which we did buy) but it was more important to spend time with the girls.  My mom did get my kitchen organized though!  I started with the pantry last week and that's about as far as I got.  She helped me clear out the junk and organize so that the pots/mixing bowls/small appliances were more accessible and in more logical places.  Its been something that's been bugging me for some time now but was such a huge task I never felt like I had time for it.  My mom was here back in October when the girls were born and they were swimming in their 0-3mo. clothing.  Now they fill out their 0-3mo. clothing and are getting ready to go to the 3-6mo. stuff!

 Its hard to believe how fast they are growing and that they are almost double their birth weights.  It feels like pretty soon I will be 40 and they will be in middle school! Ha!  Its just a reminder to enjoy every moment because they won't be my little babies forever.

Ok, back to the trip..... Tomorrow is going to be absolutely nutty.  Our flight leaves at 5:40 p.m. and we will be leaving for the airport at 2p.m.  We weren't exactly sure how we were going to fit everything into one of our SUVs so we decided to book a SuperShuttle to the airport.  We will pay the same price as we would for parking and this way someone will pick us up and help load/unload all of the suitcases.  Hopefully they will even help us get everything to the check-in counter because I'm not sure how we are going to manage two babies, three suitcases, a diaper bag, etc. but I'm sure we will figure it out.  We always do.  The only thing that I am actually worried about at this point is the weather.  We are supposed to get a bunch of snow tonight into tomorrow and it sounds like its going to be a mess.  Some airlines have already said that they are waiving the fees for changing flights so that's not a good sign.  I really hope our flight isn't delayed or cancelled.  That would be a nightmare! 

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Have a safe trip and a very merry first Christmas with your beautiful little angels!