Saturday, December 17, 2011


I have been terrified of going up to school to show off the babies because I didn't want them to get sick. I knew that everybody has been wanting to see them and my boss just happened to call and ask if I would come up for an informal meeting.  Since she called, I felt obligated to go.... but I was very careful.  I didn't let the students touch the kiddos and I had everybody that wanted to hold them wash their hands or use hand sanitizer.  I, however, was not careful with myself I guess.  A few days ago it started with a sore throat.  I felt pretty good with the exception of that.  Then my nose started running and and I was really tired.  I guess if I was going to get sick now is better than when I go back to work in a couple of weeks. 

Other than that, this week has been filled with holiday parties!  Since I work at two schools, I got to go to both parties.  Thursday was fun.... we all went to a Mexican restaurant that one of my student's parents run.  The food was sooo good!  I brought the girls along and they were the life of the party!  They got passed around all night and really enjoyed snuggling with all of my coworkers.  The party was only supposed to go from 4-6 but I didn't end up leaving until almost 8:00.  It was really nice to catch up and have some adult conversations!

I fed the girls around 7:30 and they fell asleep on the car trip home.  I took them inside and left them in their carseats expecting them to wake up around 10:30 to eat again.  Much to my surprise, they didn't wake up until 4:30a.m.!  I got horrible sleep that night since I kept waking up every couple hours to see if they were okay since they were sleeping in their carseats.  It was nice they both slept at the same time but it was too bad that I couldn't take advantage of it. 

My mom was coming to visit from Minnesota and her flight came in at around 8:30.   I fell back asleep from 6:30-7:00 but almost felt worse for taking such a short nap. After I picked my mom up, we pretty much just hung out all day.  I must say it was really nice to have some extra help with the babies.  We had another holiday party to go to that night.  Brian couldn't go since the place wasn't handicap accessible so my mom went with me.  The dinner was pretty expensive so that was pretty disappointing but the company was good so I guess that's all that matters.  When we got home we fed the girls and went to bed... or tried I should say.  Charlotte usually goes to bed pretty well (but not as well as Evy) but last night she was just not having it.  The only way she would sleep was if it was in my arms.  I put her down unsuccessfully a couple times and finally got her to sleep around 2a.m. after she ate again and at that point I had pretty much been awake for 24 hours.  I got up at 7:30 or so, fed the girls, and then took a nap until almost noon.  My mom was watching the babies and I think I slept extra hard since I wasn't listening for crying or baby noises. 

What a day!  It felt like the longest day ever but it was a good one =)

No comments: