Sunday, January 8, 2012

Three Months Old!

The girls are now three months old!!  Their three month "birthday" was on Friday but unfortunately I fell asleep early and didn't take their monthly bear picture until Saturday. 
3 Months! Evy (left) and Charlotte (right)

They are becoming such interesting little people!  They make the cutest noises and will actually "talk" to me.  Evy is especially vocal! I didn't know that such a little person could be so loud!  Its almost sounds like she is yelling at you but she is perfectly happy.  Charlotte is a little bit less vocal but she tries to talk to me as well.  She is much quieter too... even when she cries!  When Evy cries I hear, "MOM HELP ME NOW!!!"  and when Char cries she says, "I need something.... but I suppose I can wait!" 

They have both been sleeping through the night too.  Evy started sleeping through the night just before she was 2 months old when she randomly slept for 10 hours straight.  Charlotte pretty much just started sleeping through the night when I went back to work last week.  I put her in her swing one night expecting her to wake up in a couple hours to eat and well, she didn't wake up until morning!  I know I can't let her sleep in her swing forever, but it works for now...... I really appreciate the sleep since I have to get up early and go to work now!

I put all of the girls newborn and 0-3 month clothes away last week.  It was pretty sad to box up all of their cute clothes already.  We had a ton of 0-3 month clothes and they didn't wear each piece very many times.  It was nice though to not have to wash every day! When I put their 3-6 month clothes on I expected them to be baggy.... but they weren't!  I am thinking they will probably outgrow them before they are 6 months old so I have been buying the 6-12 month stuff as I find it on sale.  I'm not sure how much they weigh either but I suspect they are approaching 14lbs quickly!  The size 1 diapers are supposed to go to 14lbs and they are getting snug quick.  I just hope that I can use them all up before they are too small!! 

We have been trying to give the girls tummy time every day but they don't really like it very much.  Evy usually just face plants into the blanket after a couple of minutes but Charlotte actually surprised us and rolled over on January 2nd!  She hasn't done it since, but that's okay.  From the looks of it now, I think that Char will walk first and Evy will talk first.... but we will just have to wait and see! 

Tummy time! Evy (left) and Charlotte (right)  I can't believe how well they can hold their heads up!! It feels like yesterday they were my little newborns!




1 comment:

Cori said...

Oh my goodness! So cute! They are getting big too! How fun!