Friday, April 26, 2013

TWO months Old!

I probably say this with every monthly post for the babies, but holy moly, how has it been two months already? They boys are just SO big!  I am a couple days late with this and they don't have their two month checkup until May 1st, so I will update their stats then! :)  
2 months!  Elliott (left) and Oliver (Right)

\


Oliver and his pouty lip


Elliott
(If you ever have wondered how I decided which side to put them on by the bear, its the side they were in the womb!  )


Elliott:
Height:
Weight:
Head:

Oliver:
Height:
Weight:
Head:

The boys are growing so well!  They started out as big babies, and look at them now!!  Elliott is noticeably bigger than Oliver! 

They are both drinking about 4 ounces every 3 or so hours.  I am producing about 36 ounces of breastmilk per day so they each get half that!  I am happy that they are getting at least half breastmilk every day!  It has been a challenge to get my supply up to that much, but that's its own post.  Its a very emotional subject for me and I need to be in the right place to talk about it.  

Schedule you ask?  As of right now we don't have a real schedule.  I just hate typing those words.  NO SCHEDULE.  We feed on demand and that seems to be working okay for now.  The only real problem is when all 4 kids wake up and need something at the same time... like 1pm when the girls need lunch and both boys are crying. One word: Chaos! It is nice though that occasionally I will get an hour or so when ALL kids are sleeping.  I should be using that time for laundry, etc. (which I do sometimes) but other times its just nice to relax or even take a short nap.  The boys aren't sleeping that great at night yet.  Elliott has gone 7 hours, but its not consistent.  Oliver's longest stretch has been about 4.5 hours.  When one wakes at night to eat I don't wake the other (unless the other is starting to stir.)  Lately, to save time, I've been pumping and bottle feeding one at the same time.  Why not just breastfeed you ask?  Well, neither of teh boys will take more than 2 ounces from the breast.  So, that means I have to BF them for up to 30 minutes, bottle feed them another 2 ounces and then still pump.  If you can imagine that process it sure isn't quick. Perhaps I am being selfish, but I do need sleep too.  

They are both wearing size 1 diapers that seem to be getting small already!  The 0-3 month clothes still fit but barely!  I need to get out the 3-6 month pjs out very soon for sure!  The onesies might last a little longer.  

Overall, both of the boys are very very happy!  I mean how could they not be?  They have a mom, dad, and two lovely sisters that completely adore them.  They are loved for sure.  

People keep asking me how the girls are doing with their brothers and the answer is that they just love them! They like to give hugs, kisses, pretend to feed them their bottles (and once a goldfish cracker which was scary!) The girls' even have their own brother baby dolls that they burp, feed and rock too.  Its just adorable.  I think all of the prepping we did with them must have paid off.  Those girls are always listening and really do understand everything!!  I asked Char to go let the doggie out of his kennel the other day, and she did!  Smart girls, I tell ya.  I'm sure the boys will be just as smart too!! :)  

Elliott looks JUST like his dad.  I call him the "big guy" and Oliver the "little guy."  It will be interesting to see if he catches up to his brother in weight eventually! Elliott has the biggest smiles I have ever seen!  Some days he just hangs out in his bouncy seat smiling and batting at the toys.  He makes the best little baby sounds too.  I never get sick of that!  Oliver is starting to smile a lot too.  He doesn't coo as much as his brother but I'm sure he will soon.  

Perhaps I never updated on Oliver's hearing test, but he passed his follow up test! Thank goodness.  This mama was worried.  But, all is well.  I can't think of anything else, so I will just say that I love these boys so so so much!  Having 4 kids under 2 (and in diapers) is an experience, that's for sure, but I really do enjoy every day.  I love seeing the individual personalities of the kids really shine!  

Oliver (top) and Elliott (bottom) All dressed up to see the Easter bunny!

Elliott

Oliver

Elliott

Elliott and Oliver

Oliver

Elliott- Yum, my hands taste GOOD!

Oliver and Elliott

Oliver and Elliott- holding hands!

Elliott

Oliver



2 comments:

AletaObrien said...

I love the "mommy is exhausted" shirts - that's too cute. They are absolutely beautiful. Every time I come to your blog, I'm amazed by your family and your ability to be such a great mom!

Jessica said...

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoy my blog! You are very sweet! :)