- Oliver had a follow up with the ENT about his reflux, and since he now has an oral aversion (doesn't like to eat solids) he is being referred to a GI doctor
- Elliott is now rolling all over the place and is basically crawling!! I swear I heard a "mama" out of him as well on Monday night, but I want to hear it again before calling it his "official" first word.
- Evy is talking up a storm lately and I just LOVE it. She likes to say, "Mama wash the dishes" "Evy wash the dishes" "Baby cry" "and lots more, but those are just cute
- Char is the sweetest girl. If she sees her bro bro sitting in his car seat crying while I am attending the other one, she will go and rock him. Love it.
- The other morning Char said to me when I got her out of bed, "Mama, monkey!" (pointing to her monkey picture at the wall) I swear she had been thinking about telling me that all night. So cute.
- The girls love to say, "Kissy" and give me a kiss!
- Before bed, the girls like to give "Kissies, Hugs, (ugs), and back" where they pat me on the back. Silly little ladies.
- I am finally in a good place with the breastfeeding/pumping scenario. It only took 6.5 months, but I think I'm there. I BF Elliott every morning and nurse him to sleep. I try not to dwell on how many ounces are dripping out of the pump, and focus on what makes me happiest which is the actual act of breastfeeding. The doc says its a no-no to nurse him to sleep for bedtime and naps but I don't care!
- The boys are so smiley and love to laugh!!
- The girls will be TWO next month. How did that happen? They adore Yo Gabba Gabba and that will be the theme of their party. Nothing extravagant though.... cake, dresses in Gabba fabric, and their gifts are Gabba themed.
- This week we had to deal with Indian Pantry Moths. Don't know what those are? Do a quick google search. ICK. Apparently they are IN grains when you buy them... in our case it was the brown rice. We had to throw out 75% of our pantry food, clean the whole thing out, and basically start from scratch.
- I'm trying to get out more with the kids. I took them to story time at the library last week and we had major meltdowns... the girls drank the boys' bottles (10 ounces of breastmilk!) and it just wasn't good. We will go back, but not for a little while.
- Family pictures are being taken this weekend!! I have our outfits mostly picked out and I think its going to be great.
- Its been raining for 48 hours and the kids are going stir crazy!!! There's even a lot of flooding across the state.
- I LOVE being a stay at home mommy!!!!!
Thursday, September 12, 2013
What's going on lately... a list!
As I'm sure you can imagine, there really hasn't been much time for blogging lately. Brian is back to school/teaching which leaves me home alone on Tues/Thurs from 7am-7pm, and Monday nights as well. Today is the first "real" day of me being on my own from wake up to bedtime, and I'm just so thankful that the boys decided to nap while the girls nap today. I have a lot on my mind lately, and I figured I would just make a list to get things out of my head. If there's something you are dying for me to expand upon, please let me know and I will!