Friday, May 2, 2014

12 (13, and 14) Months!

The boys turned ONE at the end of February.  Its pretty wild to think about the fact that I have two two year olds and two one year olds!  The boys have such funny personalities and I almost hate to say it, but things are getting easier these days!

I will have to find the paperwork from their 12 month appointment, but Oliver was about 22.5 pounds and Elliott was 27.5 pounds!  Elliott stayed on basically the same growth curve as he's been on, but Ollie shot up in both height and weight by about 15 percentile points.  I was really happy to see that because at his 9 month appointment he was barely eating any solids at all... and now he eats like a champ!!

Both of the boys pretty consistently wear 18 month clothes.  Although Elliott can fit in some 24 month stuff and Ollie in some 12 month stuff! He has a really small toosh and the 18 month pants just fall off of him.  They wear size 4 diapers during the day and size 5 at night. These boys pee A LOT! Just to give you an idea, the girls still wear a size 4 and are completely fine in them!  Elliott is in about a size 6 shoe and Oliver in a size 4.  Elliott has 8 teeth and Oliver 9.  He JUST popped his 9th this week and it was a molar... brutal I tell you.  He was up MULTIPLE times each night.  I bet you can imagine how awesome that is for mom!

We have a pretty good schedule going on these days.  The boys wake up around 7:00-8:00, have breakfast, play, and then take a nap around 10:30.  They are usually up by noon, have lunch around 1:00, and are back down for their second nap about 2:30 when all kids take a nap.  Seriously, from 2:30-5:00 is my saving grace!  Some days I take a nap, and other days I get things done or work on a sewing project without 8 little hands trying to touch my sewing stuff.  After they wake up from their nap we play for a while, have dinner, and then do baths and bed.  If I'm lucky, all the kids are fast asleep by 8:30, but that hasn't been really happening lately.  I just transitioned Ollie into his crib (instead of his car seat) so its taking a little longer to get settled down.  Both boys won't sleep either unless I sit in their room with them.... So, here I am, blogging away!  I'm actually glad to have the excuse to do it!  Usually I sit on the couch and watch crummy tv.

The boys' vocabulary is really blooming.  Here's what they are saying. Elliott: mama, dada, Urza, bite,uh-oh, all done, bye-bye, go go go, up, and lots and lots of babbling.  Ollie says: mama, dada, all done, uh oh, bye-bye, go go go, and other unrecognizable words.  He doesn't do as much babbling as Elliott, but I'm sure he will get there!

Did I mention that they love to eat? Here are some of their favorites: Turkey, cheese, Pirate's Booty, green beans, carrots, peas, home made puree pouches (apples, bananas, and lots of veggies), PB sandwiches, mashed potatoes, sour cream, watermelon, applesauce, french fries, pancakes, melon, scrambled eggs, bananas, oatmeal, yogurt, chocolate, cookies of any kind, chicken, and really just about anything we give them.  The only thing I've found that they don't like is avocado, which is really a shame!

Its really hard to sum up the boys' personalities in just a few words!!!  Ollie is just the sweetest boy I've ever met, but he sure does know what he wants.  If one of his sisters swipes his toys, he will let you know how he feels about that!  He is such a ham, and always smiles for the camera.  As soon as he sees my camera (phone) come out, he turns on the charm!  He loves to give kisses and has the most amazing little laugh.  His whole face just lights up when he smiles and laughs at you!!  What can I say, this kid loves music more than  anything.  It calms him down instantly and he always jams out to the tunes that we play on our phones. Ollie dances in his high chair when music comes on and tries to sing "Let it Go" from Frozen.  Watching him do his butt scoot is about the funniest thing I've ever seen.  He never crawled, just scooted, and then started walking.  (At 13.5 months.) I just love this little guy to pieces! He loves being held by his mama, and is totally the baby of the family (even if only by 13 minutes.)

Elliott is my big goofy boy.  He loves to laugh, play, be silly, and make funny noises.  He is a daredevil and climbs up on EVERYTHING.  He will get up on the coffee table, use that to get onto the couch and then scare the living daylights out of you as he runs back and forth on the couch.  He has a HUGE smile that you can't help but to love!  He's always on the go and has now learned how to open up the door that goes to the garage! He loves to play and explore outside.  You name it, he likes to taste it... rocks, dirt, sticks, chalk, leaves, everything.

Both of my boys are animal lovers.  I think after they said mama and dada their next word was Urza.  The dog.  When I call him, the boys do too.  They love to throw his ball (sort of), pet him, and climb on top of him which he doesn't seem to mind too much.  The other day Elliott was testing the cat's patience a bit.  She was on top of the couch and he kept poking at her.  She just kept swatting at him until he got the picture.  Pretty entertaining for all of us!!!  They do like to pull fur at times as well, but thankfully she tolerates that too.  When they hear her meow they tend to let go and back off a bit.

What else can I say? Life is super extra crazy these days, but I feel like we have really made a turn for the easier.  We went to the zoo not too long ago with only a double stroller.  The boys rode and the girls walked.  It worked out pretty well!  I only have to pack a small diaper bag when we go out and about too.  If need be, I can grab food from wherever to feed them.   That's about all my mommy brain can think of, so lets find some photos!!


 




































No comments: