Yesterday for some reason it hit me that I have about a billion things to do before the end of summer and before these babies come. I was just sitting on the couch watching some t.v. thinking about all what I need to get done and soon after I found myself crying! I'm not a person that usually cries all that often, so I am going to partially blame the crazy pregnancy hormones.
Here are a few things from my to do list for the summer:
- Get the basement finished (it flooded a year ago April and now just needs paint, carpet, doors, and baseboards).
- Clear out my "office" that will soon be the nursery (BUT, I have nowhere to put the stuff that's in there until the basement is finished!!)
- Touch up the walls in the nursery.... its already a nice color so we don't want to re-paint
- Buy EVERYTHING that we need for the nursery... 2 cribs (we did some research and some say that twins sleeping together have a higher risk for SIDS) changing table, bedding, rocking chair/glider, etc.
- Ask my mom super nice if she will sew some curtains (once we know what theme we want to go with)
- Figure out what birthing classes/breastfeeding classes Brian and I want to take
- Register for the classes
- Take the classes!
- Clean the house
- Organize the house and have a garage sale
- Do some yard work (my lawn looks terrible!) and tend to the vegetable garden
- Plan two trips back to Minnesota (one for a wedding and one for a baby shower!)
- Complete the final class for my Master's Degree so I can make more $$ teaching next year
- Last but not least, HAVE FUN!!! =D