Monday, September 12, 2011

Super Stressed

I am supposed to be taking it easy and trying to make work not so stressful.  But, I have to admit that it hasn't been easy. 

I teach Spanish in a mountain town about a half hour away from Denver.  I didn't think it would be so difficult to find a long term sub being that lots of people speak Spanish in the Denver area and I'm assuming there are lots of Spanish teachers that didn't get jobs for this school year.  Well, here we are, about a week and a half out from when my maternity leave starts and they still haven't found anybody to fill in for me.  I guess they had a prospect that they were supposed to interview on Friday, but the candidate didn't show up for the interview.  As far as I know that person was the only lead. 

When it comes to school, I am an over planner.  I write super detailed sub plans and like for things to be very organized.  I would really like to know who is going to be my sub and if he/she speaks Spanish or not.  If the person does not speak Spanish I will plan very different activities than if that person does speak Spanish.  Ugh. 

No comments: