Sunday, June 1, 2014

Road-tripping with Toddlers

I took the kids on a 1000 mile road trip to Minnesota in May.  My mom graduated from nursing school, so we wanted to be there to celebrate with her.  Brian couldn't come for the 2 weeks that we were going to stay because he had to teach and defend his prospectus for his PhD.  He was able to join us for the graduation weekend, but then had to fly back home to fulfill his obligations.

My mom flew so that she could make the 2-day drive with us and Brian's dad drove back from MN to CO with us.  We did that trip in 1 day.  Exactly 16 hours in the car and the kids did great!!  There were meltdowns, of course, but they really are troopers.  I took tons of pictures, so I think I will let those tell the story of our two week adventure!
A few of the highlights include:

  • My Mom's graduation from nursing school
  • The boys' first haircuts
  • Going to Target Field for a MN Twins Game
  • Me running my first 5K
Road trip to MN






We made it to Grandma's house! 


 The boys' first haircuts









Grocery shopping adventure



Snoozing in Grandma's bed



Mom's Graduation!!!







 Twins Game






 Pinning Ceremony



(Silly selfie!)


 Playing at Grandma's house














 My first 5K!! Time was 34:58










 Road trip back to CO


















1 comment:

AletaObrien said...

I think I've said this before, but I'll say it again. You are my hero. Absolutely amazed at what you accomplish with four children. AMAZING!! I loved all the pictures. Awww, first hair cut! My husband is threatening to cut our son's hair... it might be time, he has curls in the back. Lol. Loved all the park pictures too! Congratulations to the graduate :) And Congratulations to you on the run too - Awesome job!