Saturday, December 4, 2010

Here we go again!

It has been one month and three days since my d&c.  Since then I haven't had to do any injections, patches, large amounts of pills, doctors appointments, blood draws, etc. While this past month has been hard, it has really flown by.  I feel like I have a great support system and everyone around me has really helped me get through this awful time in my life.

Today marks the beginning of a new cycle.  (Yippee!!) Yesterday I peed on a stick (POAS) to check and make sure that all of the HCG from the pregnancy was out of my system, and it was.  Since the d&c I have not had a period.  They say it can take a while to come naturally so Dr. S. decided to take some action to get it started again.  Thankfully, the doctor's office does appointments on Saturdays so I don't have to miss work for a quick ultrasound and blood work.  Ok, so here is what the appointment will entail today:
1.) beta HCG, E2 and P4 levels (pregnancy test, estrogen and progesterone levels)
2.) Kareotyping for both Brian and I (to make sure our genes are not incompatible)
3.) Ultrasound to check if I have any lining to shed and
4.) Ultrasound to check my antral follicles (aka resting follicles)

Tomorrow I call the doctor's office for the results of my blood work.  If everything is alright they will put me on some type of progesterone pill for 10 days which will cause me to get my period (yippee! NOT.)  After that, more blood work and a super fun test where they put a teeny tiny camera in my hoo-ha to look around and make sure that my uterus is A-OK after the miscarriage.

No comments: