Monday, January 17, 2011

Hope!

I managed not to die during my TWO shots that Brian had to give me today.  (just in case you were wondering.)

I did, however, forget how to mix the meds up!  I could not for the life of me get 1cc of the water stuff in the syringe!! I was in the kitchen freaking out because I didn't want to screw up $100 worth of meds in like two seconds.  I eventually figured it out, but not before I was completely frustrated.

Brian gave me both the Lurpon and the Menopur shots.  Usually the Menopur burns like hell, but it wasn't horrible this time.  No bruising yet either! 

Anyways, I am trying to look at this cycle as a new beginning and a source of hope.  As many of my friends have said, "I could never do all of these treatments!" But, I have to do what I have to do if I ever want to have a family.  With this first shot of the FSH medication (follicle stimulating hormone) I have a new sense of hope. 

I hope that I get enough eggs.
I hope that I don't get OHSS again.
I hope that the transfer goes smoothly.
I hope that I can remain sane during the 2ww (2 week wait)
I hope that I can keep my emotions in check.
I hope that Brian doesn't go crazy from all of my bitchy nonsense that goes along with these hormones
I hope that lots of people don't ask me when I am doing more infertility treaments
I hope I get pregnant again.
I hope that I don't have a miscarriage.

I hope that I don't go through this emotional and physical rollercoaster for nothing.

No comments: