Friday, February 11, 2011

Beta Today

Today I will go in for my beta test! I am so nervous I think I could throw up right now.  They will draw the blood and call me at probably 2:00-3:00.  Last time I took the whole day of the beta off so I could just spend the day with Brian.  We went shopping, had lunch and it was a lovely day!  But, since I am running out of paid time off, I decided to go back to work at noon and wait it out there.  I guess it will be nice to have a distraction, but I hope I can still successfully do my job! 

I don't think I will be posting the results of my beta right away. (Sorry!)  There are a few people in real life that read this and Brian and I haven't decided when we will tell people we are preggo if the results are good today. 

Last time, we told our parents and a few close friends on the day of the beta that we were pregnant.  Two weeks later when we had the ultrasound and found out that we would need a d&c we had to call everyone and tell them the horrible news.  I couldn't even make the calls myself so Brian took on the task. 

I feel like people are so excited for us to start our family and with every negative test or horrible results people just get more and more dissappointed.  So, if we do get pregnant again we are going to have to talk long and hard about if/when we will tell people. 

I know that if I go through another miscarriage I would have support, but I just don't know if I want to put people through that again. 

With that, I am off to get my blood drawn and I will write again when the time is right! 

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I hope everything went well today!!! I totally understand making us wait to find out. If you're bored and messing around on the computer, feel free to email me (in private) your good news! =) I can't wait to hear!