Sunday, May 22, 2011

School's out for "Summer"?

For some reason in Colorado schools start VERY early (August 19th) and get out VERY early (May 19th!) Its almost hard to believe that it still pretty much feels like winter out and I am on summer break.  What is even crazier to me is that we had snow on the last day of school last Thursday! When I say snow I don't mean a few flakes, but rather snow accumulation on trees and grassy surfaces.  It was pretty crazy if you ask me.  I am a native Minnesotan (lived there for 25 years) and I can't ever think of a time when it snowed in May. 
This is the view from the parking lot at work.  When I got to my car after school I thought I should take a picture or I would never remember that it snowed on the last day of school!!


It was also crazy that it was only 33 degrees!  Insanity!

No comments: