Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Weekend Adventure in Minnesota & Wisconsin

Last week Brian and I went to a wedding in Northern Wisconsin and had a blast!  We packed a ton of good times into one weekend.  Here's a recap of the weekend! (With pictures of course!)

Thursday: We woke up at the crack of dawn to catch a plane.  We even woke up a little late (3:45 instead of 3:30) but still managed to get out the door and to the airport on time.  Since I wanted to go to the MN Twins game with my family and friends, Brian decided to hang out with his buddies instead!

Emily (sister), Michelle (friend) and Me! All in TWINS gear of course


We even brought signs to the game so that we might be "circled by Bert!" and get on T.V.!  The signs say "We <3 MN Twins... But our favorite twins are girls"  It also says Baby A and Baby B pointing to my belly!

I didn't get home from the game until about midnight, but it was so worth it!!! I had a blast! The game was super exciting and we won in the bottom of the 9th against Texas 5-4

Friday: Once again, we had to get up super early (6:30) so that we could be ready to go at 7:30 to get our rental car and be on our way to Wisconsin for Al & Mary Lee's wedding.  While we were on our way to the wedding, there wasn't much cell phone service so we really didn't expect to get any calls.  BUT, at about 10 a.m. Brian's phone rang.  He didn't recognize the phone number so he just ignored it.  As soon as his phone stopped ringing, mine started.  At that point we decided we better figure out who's calling. It turns out it was Camp Bow Wow... the place that we were boarding our doggie Urza.  They usually don't call unless something serious happened.... and yup, something serious had happened.  While Urza was playing with the other dogs, a German Shepherd decided that he wanted to attack Urza for no apparent reason.  The German was mad at some other dog and took it out on my dog.  I guess he lunged right for him and the employees had to actually put the German between her legs to control it and pry its jaw off of my dog.  Lovely picture eh?  Lets just say that Brian and I were not happy at all.  I worried all weekend about my baby Urza.  It turns out he had to get 8 staples in his shoulder. 

I already don't like to leave my dog behind when we go on vacation and now this? I think I will find a new place to board him.


Saturday: Before the wedding, we needed to get some breakfast since the place we were staying didn't have a restaurant.  We went to this Little place called Lake Placid Inn and the food was fabulous!

Verbie and Brian enjoying their Bloody Mary's with breakfast. 

The wedding was on Saturday and it started out to be a very chilly day.  As soon as it was time for the wedding to start the sun came out and the wind somewhat died down.  It was great!  I was so happy to be at a wedding for two people who were so in love!  Congrats Al  & Mary Lee!!!!!


Al & Mary Lee (Beautiful!)




Brian and I outside after the ceremony


Friends George and Sack- all dressed up! How handsome =)


The scenery- so beautiful!



Brian and I- Hanging out during the cocktail hour which I obviously could not partake in
In the background you can see a woman signing a book.  Brian wrote out their ceremony and then had people sign this book with advice for the couple! What a cute idea.


Brian giving me a little kiss

Table centerpiece


Pasta Buffet for dinner- yummm!


Sack being Sack- playing with the giant clothes pin

First dance as bride and groom


It was cold outside as soon as it started to get dark so I wanted a picture of me and my preggie belly in the dress I wore before putting on sweatpants and returning to the reception!

Bill (a friend) decided it was a good idea just to carry around a bottle of wine instead of a glass! ha ha


Brian and Bill (right) dedicated Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice to Al (middle)

After the reception, we hung out by the bonfire for a little while.  At about 11 p.m. I honestly was pretty tired and went to bed, but the party went on until about 2:30 I was told.  Everyone had a great time!!!

Sunday:  Sunday we left the wedding at about 2 p.m. and drove back to MN.  It was a scenic drive but not the most exciting.  I ended up driving the whole way home! wowsers!  When we got back, Brian's brother, sister-in-law and their two kiddos met us at Brian's parents house for dinner.  We didn't get to spend much time with them since it was getting late and we had to be up early, but it was good to see them anyways.  After that, I finished up some homework and went to bed since we had to be up at 3:00 to catch a 6:30a.m. flight.  Luckily, Melissa (sister-in-law) was nice enough to take us to the airport so we didn't have to get a cab.  Thanks again!



No comments: