Thursday, August 25, 2011

Rough Night

Yesterday started out as a pretty normal day... I went to work... got my oil changed and went home.  I was super tired and Brian was doing some stuff for work so I decided to pick up Chipotle for dinner.  When I got home Brian and I ate dinner and things were fine. 

Since I was so tired I ended up falling asleep at 6:30 until about 10:30.  When I woke up from my "nap" I had to let the dog out, take my evening meds, etc.  I tried to get back to sleep but just couldn't.  I was super thirsty, my stomach hurt and I just kept tossing and turning.  I eventually took some tums to see if that would help- it didn't.

Brian was out with his friends so I called him and asked him to come home because I didn't feel very good.  Its not like he could really do anything for me but I just knew that I would feel better having him at home. 

Brian got home around midnight.  I heard the garage door open and went outside to see him.  He had stopped at the store and got me some Sprite, Gatorade and PB crackers to help my upset stomach.  Literally as soon as I saw the food I became extremely nauseated and ran into the bathroom. 

Lets just say it was not a pretty sight and my Chipotle came out looking kinda like it did when it went in.  I know that throwing up is not like the craziest thing during pregnancy, but I hadn't thrown up before this at all while pregnant.  At that point I wasn't sure if I should go to the ER or just ride it out... So I made Brian call the doc and ask him what to do.  The on call doc wasn't one that I had seen before, but she said that I probably just ate something weird (the Chipotle) and that if I didn't feel better in the morning then I should go in and get checked out. 

Luckily I felt just fine after I vomited.  I was hungry, but my stomach didn't hurt anymore.  I don't think it helped that my classroom has been about 85 degrees and I feel kinda icky all day.  But anyways, not fun night and I have to be at work until 8pm tonight.

No comments: