Saturday, August 27, 2011

Four Weeks

I have only four weeks of work left until I go on maternity leave!!!! At times this pregnancy has gone by slow.... but mostly when I was waiting to see my baby bump.  Ever since then it has flown by!  It feels like just yesterday that I was going "Geez, I really need to get some new clothes!!"  And that was back in May just before school let out for the year. 

It was so nice to spend all summer at home relaxing and taking it easy.  I could nap whenever I was tired, go to the pool, visit family in Minnesota and get the nursery ready.  Now, I go to work, come home, eat dinner and fall asleep shortly after.  I seem to have a hard time keeping my eyes open past 7pm these days.  But I must admit, it sure is making the time go by fast. 

Our weekends are really filling up this month too! This weekend Brian and I going to hang out and spend some time together.  He just got a new camera so maybe we drive around and find pretty things to take pictures of.  Next weekend our friend Jeni and her husband Brian are driving out here to Colorado from Iowa!  They just planned this trip and it couldn't have been better timing. It will be really nice to spend some time with friends before the babies come.  The weekend after that we have a breastfeeding class to go to and the weekend after that Brian is going back to Minnesota for his best friend Dave's wedding and his little brother's wedding.  That takes us to the weekend of Sept. 24th and that is the start of my maternity leave!!

I am so ready to see these babies that I have been growing for 32 weeks.  Brian is so cute... he saw a friend of his yesterday who has a newborn and I think that just makes him want to see the girls even more.  I know he's going to be a great daddy.  He is one of the most patient and selfless people that I know.  He will go out of his way to do nice things for me and for other people.  He remembers everything and surprises me with cute stuff all the time... although how small it might be.  He came home from the grocery store the other day with Celestial Seasonings Herbal Peach tea.  I asked him how he knew that I really liked this tea (because I had only had it at work) and he said that he remembered me mentioning it one time.  He's so thoughtful!

Sorry about the ramblings, just a lot on my mind I guess! =)

No comments: