Sunday, September 25, 2011

36w3d belly! And updates

Brian and I got maternity pictures taken last week, but the photographer hasn't sent the CD to us yet.  I'm sure there will be some cute pictures there, but I had a request for a new belly picture from my sister so here it is!

 
I think its funny that this isn't even a maternity shirt.... that's why it looks a little odd.  Its supposed to be a longer shirt that is kinda flowey at the bottom but obviously right now that's not the case.  All of my maternity shirts are currently too short so I pretty much walk around with a little bit of my belly hanging out.  There's no point in buying anything new now and I'm not working so who cares if the doc or the grocery store workers see my belly, right?


On the labor front there is still nothing super new.  I guess some of our friends have bets out about when I will deliver.  I think its kinda cute!  Its so nice that our friends are so excited for us!  I know my mom and sister are super excited too and they really hope the girls are here before they come on Oct. 5th. 

I woke up last night a few times with some contractions but they were not consistent and they eventually went away.  I was really hoping that was going to be "it" but sadly it wasn't. 

Today I plan on getting a few more things done.... Brian and I put together the swings today and I have another load or two of baby laundry to finish up.  It wouldn't be the end of the world if I didn't get it done, but I'm sure it will be much easier to get it done now rather than when the girls are here. 

This has been such a long road and I honestly can't believe they are almost here!  We started seeing the RE in July of 2009 and all of that craziness feels so much like the past.  It has, however, changed my life forever.  I have met some amazing women through this journey of infertility on message boards and through blogs- some of which that are still struggling to create their families.  So even though it seems I have been through very crazy times, I did ultimately have success.  Brian and I are very very lucky... I guess that's the only way to put it. 

1 comment:

Cherbear said...

you look amazing! Soon dear...soon!!

I love the sentiment you expressed about being lucky. I am sure that 2 years ago you didn't think that you were lucky, waiting so long to conceive. I am hoping to feel that "lucky" very soon.