Friday, July 12, 2013

4 month old not so little boys!

My little boys turned 4 months old on the 22nd!  Where has the time gone? They are seriously not that "little" anymore! They are both more than double their birth weights.  We don't go for their 4 month visit until July 5th, so I will update their stats then. (Ok, I wrote this before the 5th, but am just now getting around to publish!!)  Today, 7/12 Elliott started rolling from his tummy to his back!! Rolling both ways now! :)

Elliott and Oliver- 4 months!


Elliott and Oliver


Elliott:

Head: 44cm 85%
Height: 25.5 inches 50%
Weight: 17lbs 10 oz 92%

Oliver:

Head: 42.4cm 50%
Height: 24.25 inches 20%
Weight: 15lbs 1oz 50%

The boys are seriously growing like weeds.  It seems like Elliott is going to be as big as his sisters like tomorrow!! His car seat only goes up to 22 pounds and I'm thinking he won't make it to a year in that seat.

The boys are wearing some 6 month clothes, but mostly 9 months!  Oliver fits comfortably in a size 2 diaper and I should probably move Elliott to the size 3 since he is pushing 18 pounds, but I have like 3 boxes left so we will try and squeeze him in until they are gone.  They eat 4-6 oz every 3-4 hours.  I'm making a little less than 40 oz of breastmilk per day so they get that and when its gone they get formula. Generally not more than 1-2 bottles per day.

They both just started consistently sleeping through the night!!! HOORAY!!! Its been about 2 solid weeks of no wake-ups!!  Oliver will sleep a max of 10 hours and Elliott an astonishing 12 hours.  I actually checked on him several times this morning when he slept until 8:30!  I am so lucky to have good sleepers.  It took them about 3 weeks longer than the girls to start sleeping all night, but now they do and that's all that matters! :)  Elliott will sleep pretty much anywhere... bouncy chair, swing, or the bassinet.  Oliver only likes to sleep inclined.  We recently bough a Summer brand "resting up napper" and he loves it.  It has a buckle so I know he can't roll out, it vibrates, and it folds up for travel.  I bought it for our trip to Minnesota so I knew he would have somewhere that he would actually sleep!  Elliott has also learned to roll from his back to his belly and prefers to sleep that way!  It was scary at first to see him sleeping on his tummy but its what he likes!

No teeth yet for my little guys!  But, they have been drooling so we will see if they start teething soon.  No solids yet for them either.  I think I'm going to hold out until at least 5 months.  New research I've read says that starting solids before 6 months can cause obesity later in life and that they don't really need solids before then anyways. The plan is to skip all cereals completely too.  The boys' first food will be pureed avocados!  After that I think I will go with the veggies and later add the fruit.  I made about 95% of the girls' baby food purees and will be doing the same for the boys!  There's no reason to use the processed pre-packaged stuff since I'm at home and will have the time to make it.  I have the Baby Breeza that steams and purees in the same container- so easy!

The boys are both smiling like crazy these days.  They both follow my voice when I say their names.  Elliott has started to laugh and that is the most amazing sound ever.  They will actually smile at the sound of my voice too!  Makes my heart melt.  Elliott loves to "talk"!  He's going to be a chatty boy for sure.  Oliver coos a lot and is trying to make laughing sounds.. but hasn't yet.  Soon though I'm sure!

Its fun to see their little personalities developing so early.  Elliott is such a relaxed little boy.  He only cries when something is truly wrong- wet/poopy diaper, hungry, tummy hurts, etc.  He doesn't even cry when he wakes up in the morning.  He just opens his eyes and starts "talking"  to let me know he's ready to eat.  I just can't get over how calm/chill and happy he is.  Oliver is a little bit more fussy than Elliott but definitely a happy baby too.  When he smiles he likes to stick out his tongue and its pretty funny.  He cries more often than Elliott and mostly because he just wants to snuggle with his mama.  He also likes his pacifier. Elliott will take one occasionally, but only when he's really upset or overly tired.

The girls are so cute with their baby brothers.  The newest thing they do is try to put a pacifier in their mouths when they are crying or try and feed them a bottle.  When one of them cries, the girls will pick up an empty bottle and actually get it in his mouth!  But, they just take it out right away only to tease him and make him more upset.  They love giving their brothers hugs, kisses, and pats on the back.  I still can't leave the girls alone with the boys though when  I take a shower, etc. because the girls also like to stick their fingers in the boys mouths which isn't great.  Sometimes they are jealous still and I can't say I blame them.  I'd be jealous too if I were them!  Their world was seriously turned upside down! At least when they are older they will have no memory of what it was like before the boys.  I'm hoping that since they are only 16.5 months apart they will be close friends too!

Elliott in his bouncy chair.  He loves this thing!!

Elliott in the bumbo

Elliott

Elliott


Oliver in the swing- he loves it!!

Oliver

Oliver and Elliott- all ready to go to a playdate!

Oliver

Elliott and Oliver

Oliver- taking a snooze in the bouncy chair


Me with my two cutie pies.  O and E



Big boys!! E and O.  All ready to go to Minnesota!!


Elliott



No comments: