Monday, June 24, 2013

My Story- the short version :)

I just linked up with Kelly's Corner for a "Show us your life" infertility.  I thought I would write a quick post to sum up the journey I have been on to conceive my four beautiful babies!

Where to start....

Met with a RE in 2009 and found out we had more issues than I had imagined.  I was naive and figured we would be pregnant ASAP. After 3 unsuccessful IUIs we decided that IVF was the route to go.  Sperm count was low and the IUIs were an emotional roller coaster to say the least.

1st IVF resulted in OHSS (ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome) and the transfer was canceled on the day of transfer.  We had 8 or so blastocysts that were frozen for later frozen transfers

June of 2010 we had our first transfer almost a year after meeting with the RE.  Had BFPs but it turned out to be a chemical pregnancy.

October of 2010 we did another FET.  BFP again!  This time the betas rose appropriately and we made it to the 7 week ultrasound where we found a blighted ovum.  There was a sac with no baby in it.  I was devastated to say the least.  You can read more about it here.

We had no more embryos and had to do another fresh cycle.  We started up in January of 2011 and transferred two perfect blastocysts!  I gave birth to my beautiful baby girls on October 6th, 2011 via c-section at 38 weeks 1 day.

When the girls were a few months old, we wanted to try for "one more."  One year ago tomorrow we transferred two more perfect blastocysts into my uterus and I was pregnant again! With Twins!!  I gave birth to my baby boys on February 22nd, 2013 via VBAC (vaginal birth after c-section) at 37 weeks 2 days after almost 20 hours of labor.  You can read the stories of their birth on Birth Without Fear's Blog here

That's my story in a nutshell :)

No comments: