Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Cycle Day 1 is here!

As most of my close friends and family know, I am not the most patient of people.  Lately I feel like I live my life waiting for my next "cycle" to start so that I can do yet another infertility treatment.  Back when I started my IUIs (intrauterine inseminations) I was so naive about the whole thing and figured I would be preggo within a month or two.  Unfortunately I am now much wiser and more concerned and impatient with each new cycle.

I haven't had my period since the D&C on November 2nd.  Its not like I really WANT to have a period, but thats the price you have to pay to get started again.  The doc put me on Provera (progesterone) once per day for 10 days to get AF (aunt flo) to come for a visit.  So I finished the pills and was waiting and BAM, the back pain, cramps, and general feeling of ickyness came in full force- or so I thought. 

I called the nurse line to tell them that AF had arrived. Then, the nurse proceeds to ask me questions about it..... (Talk about embarassing!) and she determined that I wasn't having "full flow" yet so I should call back on Monday and give her a "flow report."  We determined that we would wait a couple more days and see what was happening before starting the BCPs (birth control pills.) It does seem nuts that someone trying to have a baby is put on BCPs, but it is their way to control the cycle before starting treatment again. 

I talked to the nurse today and she called just to see, "if I was bleeding or not." LOL  After our conversation she had to talk to the doc and see when for sure I should start the BCPs. It all seems so complicated!

Anyways, I guess I am just excited to get started again.  I never in my wildest dreams thought that in the course of one year I would have two full IVF (in vitro fertilization) cycles, two FETs (frozen embryo transfers) one chemical pregnancy, and a miscarriage.  When I type those things they seem like stuff that only happens to people in sob story movies from the Lifetime channel or things you watch on Oprah.  I never imagined that would be my story and something that would consume my life.

No comments: