Saturday, July 30, 2011

Happy Anniversary Brian!!

Today marks SIX years since Brian and I have been married! I can't believe it has been that long.  We dated for just over five years before we got married so we have been together for 11 years!!  Eleven happens to be my lucky number and it is also 2011 so it just had to be a good year for us, right?

Its crazy to think about what a difference one year makes.  Last year around this time we had just gone through our first pregnancy loss (chemical pregnancy) and were trying to figure out what to do next. This year we are 28weeks and 3 days preggo with our first two baby girls! 

It really is amazing to think back at all that we have been through together since we started dating in 2000..... Brian's car accident, graduating college (bachelors and masters programs) moving to Colorado, and starting a family! If I said it has been easy I would be lying, but I do think that all of these things have made me the person that I am today and that I have learned to deal with just about anything that comes my way.  I hope that we have been through enough and that maybe the universe will be nice to our kids and they won't have to deal with the crap that we have had to. 

Usually we go out to dinner or do something traditional for our anniversary, but today a friend of ours is hosting a couples baby shower at our house!  It has been a ton of work to get everything ready (especially since we just finished remodeling the basement) but it will be really nice to share this day with our friends here in Colorado! 

Oh, and the crib mattress arrived from Fed Ex today! Yahoo!

No comments: