Friday, December 2, 2011

Middle of the Night

Lately the girls have been going to bed around eight or nine at night.  Tonight was no different.  Charlotte woke up at about 2:30 to eat tonight.  I took her out of her bassinet and fed her right away.  When she was done eating I took her into her room and attempted to change her diaper.  OK.. back up one second.... I have heard that at night you are supposed to not talk to the babies, keep the room dark, etc. etc. So, I only turn the hall light on outside their room so that I can change them with a little bit of light but not a ton.  I put Charlotte onto her changing pad, unbutton her sleeper and take off her diaper.  I reach for a new diaper and have it about halfway on when I notice that she is peeing on my hand as I am putting on her diaper!! Geez girl!  So I not only got peed on but also wasted a perfectly good diaper that was now wet on all sides.  Her sleeper and swaddling blanket are also wet and must be changed before going back to sleep.  These girls just crack me up!  Its also funny that pretty much the same thing happened with Evelyn earlier as well.  However, I wasn't lucky enough to have my hand in the way for her.... she peed on the changing pad while I turned my head to reach for a new diaper.  That will show me!  Just when I thought I was petty quick about changing the diaper.... I guess I will just have to be a little faster next time! =D

No comments: