Sunday, October 6, 2013

Two!

Today my baby girls turned two years old! Ever since yesterday I have been very emotional thinking about the birth of my babies that made me a mom for the first time.

I remember being pregnant and the hours leading up to their birth like it was yesterday. I spent all day running errands like crazy and making chicken noodle soup that I never even ate.

I went through what felt like endless infertility treatments and was ready to meet my baby girls that I had carried for 38 weeks. I remember wondering what they would look like, sound like, and what it would feel like to hold them in my arms for the first time. I wondered if I would know how to care for two babies and how to be a good mom.

There have been ups and downs for sure during the last two years since the girls  were born, but motherhood is just as amazing as I dreamed it would be. I am so lucky to have healthy, smart, and loving girls to call my own. Happy birthday to  my beautiful baby girls!!!

1 comment:

AletaObrien said...

They are so beautiful! Happy Birthday to your daughters. Happy Mommy day to you - because their birth started you on the path of motherhood. So happy for you and your family!