Friday, August 10, 2012

A Friend

A really good friend of mine has been TTC for somewhere around 3 years.  They have been doing OPKs, timing, all of that.  She went to the fertility doc and got checked out and was fine.  She even lost a huge amount of weight!  (Way to go!)  This week, they finally took the plunge and got her husband a sperm analysis.  The results-zero sperm.  She doesn't even know how to deal with this information right now.  She told me that she would rather have it be something wrong with her because you can't make sperm out of nothing.

I wouldn't wish infertility on anyone, especially a good friend.  She is an amazing person and is going to be a fantastic mother.  She cares so much about other people and always puts them first.  She has been such a good friend of mine through all of my infertility madness and I just hope I can support her as much as she has supported me through my IF journey.  So, friend, I won't say your name here, but you are an amazingly strong woman and  I know this is just a bump in the road for you.


2 comments:

Amanda said...

Aww, I'm very sorry to hear about your friend's situation. Infertility is an evil, evil hand to be dealt, and (like you) I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Aleta said...

*HUGS* to your friend. I pray that they find a way to fulfilling her dream of being a Mommy.

I've been on the path of infertility until our little miracle... and it scares me now that something will go wrong.. but that path... it's a difficult one to walk.