Sunday, September 9, 2012

Father's Day 2012

Yes, I know it is September and Father's day  was in June :)  This has been sitting in my "draft" folder for months because I still need to add photos... well I still haven't added them but it needs to be published :D

I woke up early with the girls this morning around 6am and decided to let Brian sleep.  He got home at 2am from a magic tournament that he won so I didn't want to wake him up too early.

I had to finish his father's day present (a picture frame with the girls' handprints in clay) by printing out a picture to go in the frame.  I uploaded them to Wal.mart's website and had them printed at the store.  They initially said they wouldn't be ready until 11am but after about 2 minutes I got an e-mail saying that they were ready to be picked up!  I almost didn't believe it, so I called the store and sure enough someone answered the phone at 7:48 am and said they were indeed ready to be picked up.

I then had two choices.... pack the girls up and go to the store by myself or wake Brian up.  I really didn't want him to be cranky so I packed the girls up and off we went.  I wasn't exactly sure how I was going to actually shop at the store with two kids (I had to get supplies for our BBQ as well) but I knew I would figure it out.  I ended up putting Charlotte in my Snugli and Evy in the cart.  The girls actually enjoyed looking at one another and playing while we were walking around the store.  The only problem is that I couldn't give them a bottle while they were in those position which eventually was a problem.  About 9am we were just finishing up the shopping and Evy started getting very cranky.  There was a nice gentleman working in produce and he said, "Oh, I bet she needs a banana."  He went over to the bananas, picked out a ripe one and asked if I wanted to give it to her.  She looooves bananas and ate about half of it before we even left the store.  Ha.  He must have been a grandpa or something.

We got back home and Brian was just getting out of bed.  The girls gave him a card that they finger painted, and the picture frame with their handprints in it.  I gave him a couple of t-shirts and a pair of sweats :)

After that, we ate breakfast and hung out for a while.  I ended up going back to the store because we realized that we didn't have a cooler for the BBQ later in the afternoon and Brian wanted a football to toss around with his buddies.

We loaded the girls and all of our gear up and headed out to a park not too far away.  We met up with Brian's friends including the gal that watches our girls during the school year.  It was fun to just hang out and watch all of our kids play.  Four of the kids were tweens so they had a good time playing with the girls and letting mommy and daddy have some adult time.  I even got to eat most of my lunch while it was still hot!!  Speaking of which, we ended up buying a cheapo small portable grill because the park we were going to didn't have one.  Let me just say, that thing took the better part of an hour to put together because it had so many steps and little tiny pieces!! Luckily one of the guys had a screwdriver too..... I figured the thing would just come out of the box ready to grill some dogs.  Boy was I wrong.

We ended up spending about six hours total at the park.  We put the girls in a nice little baby jail with a blankey, their toys, their boyfriend Jax, and the tweens.  I must admit, we stayed out past their bedtime but the fell asleep in the car on the way home and fell asleep relatively quickly when we got home.  I did find a nice surprise when I changed Evy's diaper when we got home..... sand!  It was everywhere!  They just love playing in the sand.

It was a very fun day and it was nice to spend it with our friends.  I feel a little guilty that Brian and the guys organized their own outing, but that's okay.  It was a day to remember!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a wonderful father's day!!