Friday, January 8, 2016

Resolutions

You might be wondering  what on earth these short daily posts are about,  so I thought I'd talk about it for a sec. Someone posted this article just before the new year http://thoughtcatalog.com/brianna-wiest/2015/12/16-goals-to-set-for-next-year-that-are-more-about-enjoying-what-you-have-than-chasing-what-you-dont/

It really spoke to me. Each January I always say, "I'm going to lose weight or I'm going to do this and that" but it never happens. So this year I'm just going to focus on what I DO have and how I can enjoy all of that. Simplify things.  Get rid of stuff. Change things that drive me nuts. Take time for myself to do things I like to do. And write more.

At the end of the day I feel like I have a million things rolling around in my head and writing is really like therapy for me. I just quit taking antidepressants  a couple weeks ago after being on them 2+ years and I feel better already. At first they helped,  but lately they seem to be making me crazier. So, here I am. Trying to work on healing myself from the inside and not worrying about all of those resolutions that get given up by Valentines Day.

No comments: