Saturday, January 15, 2011

Ugh

This will be the fourth time that I have been on Lupron for infertility treatments.  The first three times I seemed to feel fine while on it. It could be because I wasn't looking for symptoms, but who knows.

Today's Lupron shot will be number seven.  I woke up today with a pounding headache.... which I normally don't ever have.  I am also very bloated and extremely tired.  I suppose I don't really know if its the meds or not that are making me feel sort of crazy, but thats the only thing that I can think of.

Instead of just staying home today feeling like hell, Brian and I decided to go out for some "breakfast" even though it was 12:30 and do some shopping.  I had a coupon for American Eagle burning a hole in my pocket and it expires on Sunday.

We went to this outdoor shopping mall just a few miles from our house.  It was really nice to shop outside since its probably 50 degrees today.  We ate at a place called "Cafe de France" and the guy working there kept trying to re-fill my yucky decaf coffee with the real stuff.  I would LOVE to drink a cup of caffeinated coffee (as it may relieve my headache) but the nurse said that I can't have any caffiene or alcohol (boo!) as soon as I start the Lupron injections.  The food was pretty good, but the hashbrowns were square and kind of strange looking, so maybe someone was telling me that I should skip them and save the calories! 

After eating breakfast, we walked around... saw lots of dogs... (they allow dogs in many of the stores at this mall) and went to this store that only sold cupcakes.  They seriously had 3 inches of frosting on them!  It was good, but I could have done without.

Anyways, tomorrow I go in for bloodwork and an ultrasound and if all is well I will start the stims on Monday! Wow!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Lupron is not my best friend thus far, but a great excuse for being mean or bitchy. Whenever I snap at my hubby and feel guilty about it later I blame the Lupron. I get minor headaches but find that if I chug a lot of water, it tends to go away. Not having regular coffee is not the best either, but I am drinking Green Tea which had far less caffeine. Good luck with your cycle, I am not far behind you.