Sunday, August 28, 2011

Thanks! =)

I just wanted to say thank you for all of you out there in bloggie world that read and follow my blog!  It has been very therapeutic for me to write down my struggles with infertility and read other blogs of the same content.  It makes me feel like I am not the only one that has been through all of this (which I now know that I'm not!)

If you just started reading recently, here is a quick summary of my IF journey! =)

Brian and I got married in July of 2005.  He is in a wheelchair and I have PCOS, hypothyroid and MTHFR.  We knew that we would have trouble conceiving, but didn't really know what we were in for!  In July of 2009 we started seeing a reproductive endocrinologist and did 3 unsuccessful IUIs between Sept. 2009 and December 2009. 

After having no success with that, the RE suggested that we move on to IVF.  We paid everything out of pocket and IUIs were not that cheap so we went for IVF in March of 2010.  The retrieval was very successful! I had approx. 23 eggs and of that 7 made it to 5 day blastocysts.  I developed OHSS so we had to do a freeze all.  In June we transferred 2 blasts which resulted in a chemical pregnancy and in October we thawed the rest (only 2 survived) and transferred those resulting in a blighted ovum.  After the miscarriage we were totally devastated and didn't really know how we were going to get past it.  The only thing I thought would help was to try again. 

We cycled again in January with an even better round of IVF which we ended up with 9 blastocysts- 2 of which were transferred and are now the baby girls growing in my belly! Brian and I are so lucky that our second cycle of IVF was successful.  Honestly, I don't know how much more heartbreak we could have gone through as we were both emotionally and physically drained from the crazy roller coaster of infertility. 

I am guessing that if you read my blog you are either going through IF treatments or are now hopefully having a successful pregnancy. (Or, you are someone in my family!)  If you haven't commented before (or even if you have!) What is your story?? Leave me a comment with your blog address and I will be sure to check it out! =)

1 comment:

Glass Case of Emotion said...

Hi Jessica, you know me well.

I know what you mean about not being sure how many treatments you can go through before hitting your limit. (11 IUI's and 4 IVF's for me!) This whole thing sucks, but looking forward to your story's happy ending.

Here is my link, if you didn't know it:
http://www.blogger.com/home