Wednesday, January 30, 2013

And the Fun Continues.....

Monday I went in for a follow up to last week's hospital monitoring episode.  I got hooked up to the NST first and saw the doctor afterwards.  The babies looked great and I had no contractions on the monitor so that was great to see.

After the NST I talked to the doc and got a cervix check and a fetal fibronectin test done.  My cervix was closed (not sure how it was 1cm dilated last week with the other doc?) and the fFT test came back negative. If the test is positive, that means that there is a VERY good chance you will go into labor in the next 1-2 weeks. So, with it coming back negative, it means I will probably make it to at least 36 weeks.

Tuesday rolls around and in the morning I am having this weird pain in the top of my belly that wraps around to my back.  I've heard of back labor before, but I was pretty sure that was supposed to be in your lower back.  This pain started at about 7:30 am so at 8:30 am I decided to take some of the procardia to see if it would help.  I also drank a bunch of water, took a bath, and sat on the couch for a while to see if the pain would go away.  The pain didn't go away so at about 11:45 I called the doctor's office to see what I should do.  They said to take procardia (which I already had).  They had me take another one around noon and then called me back about 30 minutes later to see if the pain went away.  Things were still the same so off I went back to the doctor's office.

When I got there they hooked me up to the NST to see what was going on.  Unknown to me, I was having contractions that felt different from anything else I had felt before.  I even had one that was off their charts that lasted for about 3 minutes.  That one did not feel great either.  I had to drink a "bottle of goodness" aka water as the doctor called it and see if they stopped.... well they didn't.  The "uterine activity" line looked like it was drawing the peaks of the rocky mountains on there!  I ended up getting another shot of terbutaline which flat lined the contractions and I was finally sent home.  The doc gave me a prescription for oral terbutaline to fill also since the procardia wasn't doing its job.  I just hope things settle down from here on out.  I go in for a growth ultrasound on Friday and I can't wait to see how big my boys are!


Amanda said...

Oh my goodness! I'll certainly say an extra prayer tonight that your sweet boys can stay put a while longer. I know they'd be ok as outside babies now, but the NICU is not where you want to be. Hugs, my friend!!!

Aleta said...

Sending prayers! So many ups and downs with pregnancy and you are taking everything in good stride with an upbeat attitude that is admirable!