Wednesday, January 16, 2013

PAID Maternity Leave??

I have really been stressing about taking a bunch of unpaid time off of work.  My last day of work is on Friday, January 25th and I will be out for the rest of the school year.  We have no paid maternity time (but we can use any sick/personal days we have left) and I have approximately 2 days left because I spent so much time at the doctor trying to get pregnant and during my last maternity leave during the last school year.

Anyways, we have something called the "sick bank" that you can use if your doctor says that you are unable to work.  My doc decided that I should probably call 'er quits around 33 weeks... and that's next next week.  So, I applied for this sick leave that can grant you up to 35 days PAID and it was just approved yesterday.  I am just over the moon!   There is a 5 day waiting period between the end of all my accrued days and the start of my 35 days of leave, but that's just fine.  I will now be paid until the first part of April.  Some things do work out in the end :)

On a side note, I am fully aware that I am very very behind on my blogging lately.  I still need to write a post about Christmas, Weeks 30 on, and the girls' 14/15 month overview!  Perhaps this stress taken off of my shoulders will allow me some more time to get things done instead of just worrying!

1 comment:

Aleta said...

I'm not working right now, but I'm 32 weeks pregnant and glad I don't have the concerns of taking time off. Because of my chronic high blood pressure, I have to get an NST done weekly. That would be a pain to do if I had to work. I'm hoping to make it to 39 weeks, as my doctor wants to induce then. Wishing you luck!