Monday, February 18, 2013

Last Appointment before the Big Day!!

I had my last prenatal appointment today before the big day!! (Unless of course they come before then!!) I did my usual NST and the boys cooperated well.  I was only on there for about 30 minutes and they seemed to be doing just fine.

After I got unhooked from the NST, I had to wait an hour for the doctor... yep a whole hour.  They told me he was running behind, but that's quite the understatement!!  He checked my cervix and it "might" be at 1cm, but was definitely not a 2 or 3.  My cervix is "way back there" and he said he wasn't going to torture me by really trying to check because I have an induction set for Thursday anyways.  Which, by the way, he said could take DAYS.  Really? Days??? I guess I better beef up my suitcase with some magazines, a book... something.  I'm bringing my computer too so I will throw in a couple movies or something I guess to watch as well.

On a side note, the Doc that I don't really care for came to check me for the NST today.  I told her about the induction and she said it was pretty "Gutsy" for Dr. B. (my doc) to be doing that.  I really didn't appreciate her opinion on the matter because she seems to be less experienced and well, she honestly scares the crap outta me when she says stuff like that!! She's also the one who tried to convince me months ago that I shouldn't have another c-section because future pregnancies (if there are any) could rupture my uterus causing an emergency hysterectomy or death.  But, she also is now telling me that another C might be the way to go.  So I just don't know about her... I trust my doctor and my own instincts.  If something isn't going right, then a c-section it will be.  I know that ultimately I need to do what's going to be best for myself and the boys!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So annoying about the other doctor!! Thinking of you so much and praying that it all works out for the boys to come naturally!!

AboutVero said...

Hi Jessica, I left a comment this morning with my mobile but probably something went wrong, so anyway, best of luck for thursday, I'll be thinking of you, I will have a scan myself on thursday and they will decide if they are going to induce me so we might go through it at the same time!

Amanda said...

I am so excited for you!!! I'll be thinking of you and anxiously waiting for an update to know that your sweet sons (EEEP!) have arrived. Prayers for a safe, healthy, fast delivery and recovery!!!!!