Saturday, June 16, 2012

I put on my big girl panties today and....

gave myself a shot for the first time EVER!

I knew Brian had plans to be gone all day at a magic tournament, but I didn't really think about the fact that it meant he wasn't going to be home at 5:30 today to give me the lupron shot.  I panicked for a bit and thought about my options: 1.) Call a friend and have them do it 2.) just give myself the damn shot.

I opted for option number 2 and I have to say, it wasn't bad at all.  It actually hurt way less than when someone else has done it.  I think the scariest part is just anticipating the shot and today, I didn't think about it.  I just did it.  Now, if this had been PIO, forget about it.  I would have rather gone to a hospital and paid a $50 copay than stick that 1.5 inch needle in my own butt.

No comments: