Friday, February 1, 2013
I really have been resting lately... and haven't been out of the house since Wednesday when I went to Tar.get to fill my prescription for the terbutaline. Last night I was having some crazy contractions. Since it was late, I took the procardia instead of the terb because I didn't want to be awake all night. After taking the procardia, the contractions continued and I still didn't get any sleep because they kept waking me up. At about 2 am I downloaded an app on my phone for a contraction calculator and had a few that were 7 minutes apart. I can't take both meds at the same time, so I was kinda SOL at that point because I had to wait a few hours to take the terb (which I really didn't want to take because of the crazy side effects.) At about 5:30 am I finally decided to take the terb and suffer the consequences because the contractions were just not letting up. I go in this afternoon for a growth ultrasound and a visit with the doc, so we will see what he says about all of this. I know some people's docs won't stop labor past 34 weeks so if that was labor perhaps I shouldn't have stopped it? I don't know. I'm going to ask about the steroid shots for the boys' lungs too. Not sure if its too late for that, but I really don't need two babies in the NICU and two babies that can't visit the NICU at home because they are too young. Anyways, I'm 34 weeks and 2 days and I wish I had a crystal ball to predict what was going to happen!!!