Thursday, May 30, 2013

2 a.m.

Last night at 2 a.m. I was up thinking about how this time of day will change.  These days, I am usually up at some point around 2-3am to pump and some nights to feed the boys as well.  Last night it just happened that both of them woke up around the same time so I was awake for about an hour.  

In another couple of months there will be no more baby snuggles in the middle of the night... I will still have to get up and pump, but that's only 15-20 minutes and then back to bed.

In a couple of years, 2 a.m. will be the time when I have little girls and boys getting up to ask for water, more stories, snacks, or for me to check for a monster under the bed.

In a few more years after that, at 2 a.m. I will be hearing giggles coming from the girls' room when they have their first sleepovers.  They will be talking about boys, painting nails, or just having "girl talk."

After that, at 2 a.m. I will be waiting up to make sure that they get home safe and sound from nights out with their friends.  I won't be able to sleep because they aren't home but I will secretly have GPS locators on their phone so I know where they are.

When they go off to college, I will look at their FB status' at 2 a.m. saying that they are up late studying for tests.

Someone told me that the days are long, but the years are short. Isn't that the truth.

No comments: