Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Spring Break!

Last week was Spring Break for my school district and I must say that the week was AMAZING! The first part of the week I pretty much just hung out and didn't do much of anything.  It felt great to just stay home and hang out with the girls.  Tuesday I went out for a bit and got a pedicure with my friend from work.  My toes were in desperate need of some TLC!  I guess they have been neglected since the kiddos were born.

Wednesday I picked up my mom and sister from the airport.  They came and stayed for six days!  Yes, that seems like a lot of time but it really went by quickly.  We pretty much just hung out for most of the day on Wednesday.

On Thursday we all went hiking at Red Rocks.  My sister and I took the girls in front carriers and my mom walked with the dog.  It took us until about noon to get ready to go, but it was worth it.  The trail we took was 1.4 miles and felt like just the right distance.  That day was very HOT outside too!  We had record temperatures last week..... temps in the 80s! Can you believe it? Colorado in March!  (Today was back to reality though... it snowed a few inches!)
Emily with Charlotte, my Mom, Me and Evy

Friday we went to this Flea Market type place with a Farmer's Market.  It was pretty fun, but a lot of the booths weren't open since it was Friday.  I had a huge craving for the kettle corn that they usually have but that booth wasn't open and I pretty much had a fit like a little kid LOL.  They also sell these drinks there that are FABULOUS! They are called Micheladas... I had never heard of them before but  its basically a Bloody Mary made with beer.  They put yummy seasoning salt in it and you add your own hot sauce.  Sounds weird but tastes awesome.  They had one booth there that had lots of awesome clothes.  I think I spent about ten bucks and got an express dress and a couple of really cute tops!  I kind of had to stuff myself into the dress but that's okay... hopefully it will fit eventually.


Saturday we went out for lunch at Noodles and then went to the thrift store.  We all loooove thrift stores!  Most of the stuff is junk but there are usually a few treasures!  I ended up with a shirt, pair of shorts stil with tags on them, a baby gate, and a cute plate and cup set with Winnie the Pooh on it. 

Sunday again we just hung out at the house.  My mom had to get some homework done and I decided to do some yard work.  I think my neighbors were getting sick of looking at all the leaves in my front yard gardens so I took care of that.  I guess I was a little busy this fall to do any raking in the yard LOL. 

Sunday evening my sister and I took the girls' six month photos!  They turned out really great.  I'm sad that Brian wasn't here so that he could be in them... but maybe at 9 months we can get another nice family photo. 

Evy and Mama

Evy and Mama

Charlotte and Evelyn

Charlotte- Waiting patiently in the stroller

Char and Evy... BFFs

Charlotte

Evelyn


Charlotte

Charlotte and Mama


Charlotte and Mama


Evy

Evy and Char with their Mama


Me with the girls again!

Milk time! Evy

Evy and Char with their auntie Emily

Evy and Char with their auntie Emily

Evy was fast asleep when we got back from the park.... little did she know I was going to wake up to take more pictures of her!


Charlotte


Charlotte


Serious face... Charlotte


Charlotte


Char again

So happy! Even after I woke her up! Evy


Evy is so fascinated by her feet right now.  Its just so adorable!


Evy


2 comments:

Samantha said...

Dropping by from Kelly's Korner. I have 15 month old fraternal twin girls!
http://cherrypietwins.blogspot.ca/

Jill said...

Thanks for visiting from Kelly's Korner. Your girls are so adorable! What a journey you've been on. Nice to "meet" you!