Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving (a day late)

This Thanksgiving Brian and I spent the holiday with our new family!  Sometimes we have friends over for dinner but not this year.  We made a huge dinner like usual and it was super yummy!  But, when we got done we were both so incredibly tired that it was just ridiculous.  In fact, I was so tired that Brian let me sleep for a solid 5 hours!  What an amazing husband. 

I have so much to be thankful for this year!  I am so lucky that I got to spend Thanksgiving with my two beautiful daughters.  They only had milk for dinner but its all the same to them.  I am also thankful for my wonderful husband Brian.  He is the best daddy ever!  He takes nighttime feedings so that I can get some sleep and takes care of the girls while I go out and spend time with my friends occasionally.  He is so funny with the girls and is trying to teach them the little bit of Spanish that he does know.  I am fluent, but he's the one saying funny phrases to them.  Its very cute. 

I am also thankful for all of our friends and family that have supported us throughout our struggle with infertility and with the twin pregnancy.  I am amazed that five baby showers were thrown for us!  We could have never afforded all of the wonderful things we have for the girls and we are just so lucky to have so many people that care about us and the girls. 

Last, I am thankful for the health and good fortune of our family.  I am lucky enough to have a job and Brian is picking up more classes this spring at another college to help make ends meet.  Depending on his schedule we will probably have to hire someone to watch the girls for a few hours per week but that will probably be good for his sanity. 

No comments: