Tuesday, November 22, 2011

One Year Blogaversary

One year ago (yesterday) I started blogging!  What a year its been I must say.  I started this blog as a way to vent my feelings and not take them out on other people.  I miscarried early November and felt so alone and like no one understood what I was going through.  I was at the lowest of lows in my life and didn't know how I was going to dig my way out.  The only way I knew how to deal with things was to keep going with the fertility treatments.  I thought that if I kept pursuing my goal of becoming a mother then the pain would go away. 

Don't get me wrong, I still think about that baby that could have been. But had that soul not been lost, I would have never met my beautiful Charlotte and Evelyn that I am so lucky to have. 

Becoming part of the bloggie community has taught me a lot about patience and perseverance. I have connected with others that are in the same situation with regards to infertility.  Some women have had success since I started reading their blogs and some still have yet to see a positive HPT.  In fact, one of the gals that I follow just today saw her first positive test after 3 years of TTC!!  Congrats girl!  I am so happy for her.  Anyways, I have to say that I am one of the fortunate ones that have beaten infertility and have a success story to tell.  This blog has served as a diary of my journey and something that I will share with the girls when they are older.  I hope they will know how much they are loved and wanted and if they ever question it I suppose I have these memories to show them just how special they are and how many people supported us on the journey to conceive them. 

I plan to continue blogging but I suppose I have made the shift now to talking about parenthood.  Being a twin mom, I know I have more challenges than others may have but I also have a different perspective on motherhood as well. 

3 comments:

Pam said...

Oh I hope that doesn't mean you are going to stop blogging! I don't believe I have ever posted, but came upon you blog shortly before you had the girls and have been following since, they are so ccute and I just look forward to reading more of your story. I have a blog, not nearly as interesting as yours since my children have grown up, but with the upcoming "first" grandchild, hopefully it will get more interesting! Thank you for sharing and I hope to get to read more. Your friend in East Texas, Pam.

Jessica Anne said...

Hi Pam! Thanks so much for reading! =) I am most certainly going to continue to blog. I think its really fun to (even now) go back and read some of my older posts. I will check our your blog as well! I'm glad you like to read about my girls!

Cherbear said...

omgosh I'm bawling now! I was like, "wait, that's ME she's talking about!" How incredibly sweet of you. I am overjoyed at the outpouring of support from this community, in bad times and in GREAT times like this. Oh man I am sooooo blessed! And you are too. SO glad you have your girls now. :)

Don't leave though! LOL